Daily Quote: "Strength training allows runners to improve the strength in their running muscles, create balance between unbalanced muscle groups, and focus on keeping their legs strong during injury recovery." --Christine Luff, Running Guide at about.com
Today I have returned to weight lifting, my last circuit training workout was on April 8th due to my tapering for the Boston Marathon. I'm taking a rest day from running as to slowly recover from marathon...although I'm eager to start running every day, it's not prudent at this time.
10:00 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the upright stationary cycle. Weight circuit training, 35 minutes. Cool-down, 15 minutes on the upright stationary cycle.
I lost noticeable strength on my upper body, hence I decreased the weights on most exercises and will slowly return to the weights I lifted before my marathon taper.
After my gym workout went to the Gold Coast Bowling Center as to play three practice games, I did very well bowling 161, 180, 194! (Note my bowling average is 163). Next week is the last week of league play with the Bishop Gorman Bowling League and wish to do very well. Bishop Gorman Bowling League doesn't start again until August, which gives me the summer to improve my bowling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW, those bowling scores are awesome, with your continued play over the summer, you should only get better. I think your wife may be onto something (senior professional tour is knocking!!!) I know you already have 2 goals set, but definitely something to think about once those goals have been achieved:)
Joanne
Post a Comment