Daily Quote: "Even though UVB rays are stopped at the level of the skin, they can still cause burning and cancer of the skin, although they cause tanning as well. Meanwhile, UVA rays deeply penetrate the skin to cause burns, wrinkles, and skin cancer. To top it off, sunlight also destroys your reserves of folic acid, also know as folate or vitamin B9." --Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz, from the book, "You Staying Young: the Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty"
9:45 a.m. General Aerobic Run. 8 miles. Time 1:12. Overall Pace: 9:03 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Roads that partially traverses the "Zappos Las Vegas Marathon" course. Sunny, 80-83 degrees, winds NNE @ 17 mph. A little windy today, which made the run feel a little cooler. Average heart rate 148 bpm. Cardiac drift: 160 bpm. The return trip home added three fartleks that accounts for the higher cardiac drift. No aches nor pain, but only carried one small bottle of water that I finished before the turn-around. Should start wearing my Camelbak for runs longer than an hour in this heat.
Next week I should consider starting acclimating myself to the treadmill. Last year I gradually added Easy Runs on the treadmill, than later weeks included the longer runs, which worked well and will start that process again this year. All my runs will eventually be on the treadmill before the temperatures get too hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Bruce. Can I link your blog to mine? That's assuming, of course, that I can figure out how to do it...
Tanya
Howdy Tanya!
Sure you can link your blog to mine.
Post a Comment