Daily Quote: "When I started to train for the marathon, I was too busy to eat. I lost weight and felt self-conscious about my scrawny legs and skinny body. I contemplated quitting the training program, because I was afraid I'd turn into a bag of bones. Instead, I made an effort to better plan my sports diet. I started drinking lots more juice and milk, and having a peanut butter and honey sandwich before bed." --Justin Holmes, Wellesley, MA (from the excellent book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners)
Let me be honest. I HATE weight training. The only reason I lift weights is to keep what little upper body strength I have, facilitate weight loss, and to somewhat improve my running. Today is weight training and I had been procrastinating all morning. I finally left home at 12:00 p.m. for the gym, just enough time to workout, have a short lunch, and then leave for work.
12:30 p.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on treadmill. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Cool-down, 10 minutes on upright stationary cycle. Next time I lift weights I should do the warm-up and cool-down in reverse...I get too sweaty on the treadmill, but on the cycle I barely sweat at all.
Now I must rush to work and can't get my usual 10 minute nap; I HATE weight training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Bruce,
You are not alone. I hate weight training also. My husband is constantly nagging me to hit the weights for my upper body. I know it helps with running, but why can't I just run? LOL
Joanne
I don't know how guys like your husband are big on weightlifting! I find it a horrible and monotonous chore!! You're lucky to have a spouse who encourages you, must make it easier to get to the gym.
Post a Comment