Monday, May 5, 2008

RECOVERY, WEEK 2

Daily Quote: "I suggest that people spend a year trying all the different diets they can find. Then, after having no success at achieving their goals, they gradually modify their normal eating habits. There are no quick fixes for weight loss. Period. Show me a quick fix, and I will show you how you are hurting your body." --John Correia, Sand Diego, CA. (from the book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners)

10:00 a.m. Today is crosstraining at the gym. Warmup: 10 minutes on elliptical. 25 minutes weight circuit training. Cool-down. 15 minutes on upright stationary cycle. I'm very slowly making strength gains to what I was before the marathon, easy does it!

MARATHON RECOVERY, WEEK 2, APRIL 28-MAY 5, 2008

I have finished my second week of marathon recovery and ran a total of 23 miles. I'm recovering well with no aches nor soreness. The following is a short recap of last week's training:

Monday: Cross-training, upright stationary cycle.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Thursday: Cross-training, Weight circuit.
Friday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Saturday: Rest Day.
Sunday: Recovery Run, 8 miles.
Total weekly mileage: 23 miles.

My weight is still 177 pounds on a six foot frame. I'm not too overly concerned with weight loss at this time as I know the pounds will melt off once I finish my recovery weeks and start base training.

I did only one session of weight lifting last week and will attempt to do two sessions this week, eventually will be doing weight circuits three times a week.

My sleeping patterns are excellent as the recovery weeks agree with me! I've been sleeping soundly for 7-8 hours a day and my morning heart rates are low, 39-43 bpm on average.

No comments: