Daily Quote: "I once trained three new marathoners who each lost 20 pounds in less than 6 months. Each of them made the commitment to be conscious about their calories and overall food intake. My training partner and I, on the other hand, have run almost 20 marathons but we each still weigh 220 pounds. I love my beer and he loves his tortillas. We're not willing to commit to the diet part of the event, even though we see the results all around us." --Coach Lloyd Burnett, Mission TX (from the book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners")
I can emphasize with the above quote as it's hard for me to commit totally to my diet, my weakness is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Ice Cream!
Today I added background music to my blog! Discovered in Meg's blog, "Naturally Meg," her playlist when I was searching for other Las Vegan runners who have blogs. Meg sent me the following response to my query about the playlist: "On the bottom of my playlist there is a link that says create your own playlist. Click on that and it will take you to the site. It's free, you just sign up and create your own list. Then you can add it to your page elements under the HTML/Java script choice. It gives you directions on how to do that on the playlist site." Thanks Meg for the help and support!!
10:30 a.m. Today is a Recovery Run. Out & Back on Lindell Road. Partly Cloudy, 80-81 degrees, winds south at 12 mph. 5 miles in 48:22 minutes, Pace: 9:40 minute per mile pace. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 155 bpm. (Note: average heart rate is 190 bpm) I felt very strong today, decided to add two short fartleks to my run, which made me feel even stronger. No aches nor pain, but was very thirsty even though I carried and drank a whole bottle of water...maybe once the temperatures reach 90 degrees I should be drinking Gatorade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Bruce!!
Great background music!! I like it!
Wow, it sure is getting hot out in Vegas. Cold and rainy today here in NY, but they say the sun is coming for the weekend:) Here's hoping it's a nice day for my race on Sunday!
Joanne
Hi Bruce!!
Great background music!! I like it!
Wow, it sure is getting hot out in Vegas. Cold and rainy today here in NY, but they say the sun is coming for the weekend:) Here's hoping it's a nice day for my race on Sunday!
Joanne
Howdy Joanne! I was hoping to continue running on the roads until June, but it getter hotter sooner...once the temperatures reach 90+ degrees I'll have to return to treadmill training.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed you'll have nice weather on Sunday! Can hardly wait to read about your success!!
Very cool...adding music! I never figured out how to do your own playlist, etc.
The food stories I definitely relate to: once committed, I lost too much weight. Today: love it too much but reconsidering the effort for at least this year.
Bruce, I just added music to my blog. I reduced the size of the player to fit my left margin. The nice thing is that I can change the music without having to change the size again.
Post a Comment