Friday, June 22, 2007

Tough Medium Long Run

Daily Quote: ""I have a saying 'train, don't strain.' The Americans have the saying 'no pain, no gain' and that's why they have no distance running champions. They get down to the track with a stopwatch and flog their guts out thinking that it'll make them a champion, but they'll never make a champion that way." --Arthur Lydiard

Early AM: 10 minutes warm up on stationary bike, then full body circuit training, followed by 10 minutes cool down on the elliptical. Need to increase the weights by five pounds for Lat Pull and Shoulder Press next Monday. I'll start my vacation next Friday visiting my wife's relatives in New York, Finger Lakes Region...I doubt the motel we're staying will have a gym, I might have to resort to push ups, crunches and a variety of calisthenics. I'll be gone for 10 days and hope I don't lose too much conditioning.

A very stressful week, this is my first hard run since Monday, hence I've had three consecutive easy days...today I plan on running my Medium Long Run with the last three miles at marathon pace (7.5 mph or 8 minute miles.) I'm looking forward to running on the roads during my 10 day vacation, will be fun to run under green foliage!

Medium Long Run.
12 Miles. Time, 1:46. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% Grade. 9 miles at 6.6 mph, the last three miles at 8.0 mph. Average heart rate: 155 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 162 bpm. Tough run, but my body didn't feel any aches nor pain during or after the run.

No comments: