Saturday, June 9, 2007

SUMMARY: WEEK 23

Daily Quote: "When people ask me why I run, I tell them, there's not really a reason, it's just the adrenalin when you start, and the feeling when you cross that finish line, and know that you are a winner no matter what place you got." --Courtney Parsons

Today is my last day of Recovery Week, what would be more fitting but a Recovery Run:
6 miles. Time, 1:00. Pace, 10 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm. Treadmill speed set at 6.0 mph. Elevation changes: 3.1 - 1.0 grades.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF JUNE 3 - 9, 2007

Last week was a Recovery Week and had cut back my mileage to 42 mpw (previous week was 61 mpw). This week I begin my four-week training block where I will increase my training each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery.

I'm happy to say I've been very consistent with my weight circuit training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, it has finally become a habit.

Surprisingly, although my mileage last week had been reduced due to Recovery Week, my weight has remained stable at 175 pounds on a six foot frame; appears my body is very comfortable at this weight. I'm still struggling with late night snacks, and failed only once last week on conquering the cravings for salty snacks.

My sleeping habits have been good, most nights except for one, I've slept soundly between 7-8 hours. Friday night I worked very late and stayed on the computer until the early morning hours...slept only 5 hours. My morning heart rates have remained good at 41-42 bpm, even when I slept little on Friday night my morning heart rate was low.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Tuesday: REST DAY.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Total Miles: 42 miles.

No comments: