Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gone on Vacation!

Daily Quote: "If we would only give, just once, the same amount of reflection to what we want to get out of life that we give to the question of what to do with a two weeks' vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days." ~Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Late tonight my wife and I'll be flying to New York!! Unfortunately my wife's relatives don't have a computer, therefore this site will be dark until July 11th.

Should be interesting to see if I can maintain my fitness and my weight...I always tend to gain weight during vacations due to large portions at your typical American restaurant. This vacation I will not gobble everything off my plate! I won't have access to a gym, therefore no weight circuit training, hopefully I won't lose to much conditioning. I am looking forward to running around the Finger Lakes Region of New York State!

Today is a General Aerobic Run, and undoubtedly my last treadmill run until July 11th as I'll be running on the ROADS!!
9 miles. Time, 1:17. Overall pace, 8:33 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. First seven miles at 6.6 mph pace, the last two miles at 7.5 mph (marathon pace) Average heart rate: 146 bpm (76% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 155 bpm (83% of MHR). No aches nor pain. The run went well with mental visions of tree canopy's, summer breezes, and endless roads. Ready or not New York, here I come!!

5 comments:

Allen said...

Have a great time, and do 50 sit ups and 50 push ups per day while you're gone.

robison52 said...

I had read in a recent "Men's Health Magazine" about an exercise called, flip-flops. Flip-flops is when you're on your back do 10 crunches, than quickly flip on your stomach and do 10 pushups with knees on the floor, than flop back on your back and do the crunches again...keep repeating nonstop until you can no longer do anymore. So that's my plan, I'll be flip-flopping in the morning!

Nat said...

Hey that exercise was in one of my women's mags. I can't remember which one since I've been doing a lot of mag reading at the pool/beach this summer.

Have a great time on your trip!

Chris Howard said...

Thanks reading and for your generous comment and the GPS suggestion. I'm going to look into it

Whyirun

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hope You're Having Fun and enjoying the roads!!