Daily Quote: "Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn, it's working." --Brian Tackett
Last week was my Recovery Week, and today is the first day of my next four week running block, time to renew my running to greater heights. I still need to be cautious and listen to my body as most ex-runners quit due from too much physical stress, too much psychological tension, and too many goals unmet. I'll continue to gradually add mileage by the 10% rule, but will keep a close ear on what my body is telling me via aches and pain. If my mileage goals are too ambitious, I won't have any problems reducing my mileage and/or taking a Rest Day. Just three weeks before my next Recovery Week!
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
8 miles. Time, 1:12. Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 6.6 mph with a 1% grade. Average heart rate: 148 bpm (76% of MHR). Gwen was a big help today as her music did indeed make my run less boring. I had a sharp toenail that had cut into the next toe and bleed deeply into my sock...I hope it didn't ruin my Thorlo sock. I did clip the toenail when I arrived home, cleaned the wound, and applied Neosporin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Bruce,
I know I should have recovery weeks, but I haven't done that yet. I'm thus following your progress with interest to see how the recovery weeks work out for you.
I like that Idea. Training in blocks. 4 weeks, then recover. Hmmm. Glad you're going to listen to the body!
Post a Comment