Daily Quote: ""If you are not enjoying training, stop all anaerobic training. Go out for a long jog, so slow that the old ladies with shopping baskets go past you. Do that until you start to enjoy it!" --Arthur Lydiard
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
9 miles. Time, 1:21 Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 6.6 mph with a 1% grade. Average heart rate: 146 bpm (76% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 153 bpm (81% of MHR). Still a little tired from yesterday's tough Medium Long Run, but not suffering from any aches nor pain.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF JUNE 17 - 23, 2007
Finished second week of 4 week running block (I will increase my training each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). Ran a total of 66 miles and continued to run seven days a week. No tempo run this week as my body was tired from many work related stresses and Oldsmobile breaking down.
I have remained consistent with my weight circuit training, which is done on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm concerned about my vacation starting next Friday and wonder how I'll maintain my gains without access to a gym for 10 days.
My weight has been stable at 172 pounds on a six foot frame. I'm also concerned how I'll manage my weight when I'm on vacation as I'll be eating in restaurants most of the time...it'll be a big change from my usual fare of Lean Pockets for lunch and granola bars for snack meals.
My sleeping patterns have been tough during the middle of the week when I had awake early for my Medical Exam on Tuesday and T.A. permit renewal on Wednesday. Slept only 4-5 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, but slept soundly for the rest of the week. Morning heart rates were peaking at 52 bpm, but fell to 41 bpm by the end of the week.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Monday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Medium Long Run, 12 miles (includes 3 miles at marathon pace).
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Total Mileage: 66 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey! Where are you going for vacation! Im sure you will do just fine maintaining your weight...Moderation is the key!
:o)
Have a good time! Hope this week is less stressful than last week!
Tiger
I'll be leaving for Upstate New York, Finger Lake Region, City of Auburn this coming Friday! Unfortunately, my wife's family doesn't have computers therefore my site will be dark for 10 days. I really could use the rest and change of scenery...plus getting out of Vegas 110 degree heat won't be bad either!! I'll be running outside on the roads SOON!!!
Post a Comment