Daily Quote: "I have never been a killer. I'm not an aggressive personality and if I can remember any emotion I felt during a race it was fear. The greatest stimulator of my running was fear." --Herb Elliott
Early AM: 10 minute warm up on the treadmill, followed by full body weight training circuit, and 10 minute cool down on the elliptical.
Today I ran 15 miles, which ties my longest run this year, which was on April 2nd when I ran 15 miles during training for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. The BIG difference is I ran 15 miles on the treadmill, and that 15 miler was on the roads.
Long Run.
15 Miles. Time, 2:15. Pace, 9:08 minutes per mile. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. After my run I had the great feeling of euphoria!! I just love the feeling of endorphins in the morning! No heart rate monitor readings today as my Polar Heart Rate Monitor was acting up...either the sensors were not making contact (sensors needs to be damp), the chest strap was too loose, or batteries are very low. I can't remember when I had last replaced the batteries, therefore I'm guessing that might be the cause. I've had this Polar Heart Rate Monitor for six years now and probably should break down and get a new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Burce,
Wow-15miles on the treadmill. I think that's cool. I've only ran at most 3 miles on a treadmill. It took me awhile to get used to it, and I've not done it in a long time. It takes a little skill I think, or at least at first. "Keep on Running", man....
Jimmy....
Bruce,
I ran like 2 miles on the treadmill today and almost died!!!!
You're amazing. Keep it up.
Post a Comment