Daily Quote: "The only way to build ability is to increase aerobic capacity. Many people try to improve their anaerobic capacity, which is beyond the capability of the human body. The only way to improve is to lift the aerobic base. Most people will still be developing aerobic capacity 10 years after they start running, whatever age they start. So if you start at 40, you will still be developing the cardiovascular system 10 years later." --Arthur Lydiard
Today is my Long Run.
16 miles. Time, 2:26. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% Grade, 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac drift: 157 bpm.
This is my longest run so far this year! The last time I ran farther was last December's "New Las Vegas Marathon." I'm pretty happy with my progress as I'm slightly ahead of my training from last year. My left ankle is a little sore, but overall I'm feeling o.k. I'm pretty tired and it's going to be a very long work night.
Thankfully next week will be a Recovery Week as I'll be on vacation in New York where I'll need to adjust to returning to the roads AND getting acclimated to New York's humidity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment