Sunday, June 24, 2007

Countdown for Vacation!!

Daily Quote: "Athletes need to enjoy their training. They don't enjoy going down to the track with a coach making them do repetitions until they're exhausted. From enjoyment comes the will to win." --Arthur Lydiard

I'll be leaving Las Vegas this Friday for New York, Cayuga County, Finger Lakes Region, City of Auburn, and will be visiting my wife's relatives for 10 days. Unfortunately they don't have a computer so I won't be able to update my blog on a daily basis.

Since I'll be travelling to New York on Friday morning I've scheduled my weight circuit training this week for Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Today, before my run, did a full body weight circuit training, which went rather well, but I'm not used to running immediately after my weight training and was very exhausted afterwards!

Today is a "General Aerobic Run" with two miles at marathon pace. 9 miles. Time, 1:17. Overall pace, 8:33 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at1% grade. First seven miles at 6.6 mph pace, the last two miles at 7.5 mph (marathon pace) Average heart rate: 147 bpm (77% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 156 bpm (84% of MHR).

Thank goodness today is Sunday and it's my day off from work as I can take a nice long nap now!!

No comments: