Monday, June 11, 2007

My Runner's High

Daily Quote "I believe in the runner's high, and I believe that those who are passionate about running are the ones who experience it to the fullest degree possible. To me, the runner's high is a sensational reaction to a great run! It's an exhilarating feeling of satisfaction and achievement. It's like being on top of the world, and truthfully... there's nothing else quite like it!" Sasha Azevedo

Today I ran 14 miles, which was my longest run since April 2nd when I ran 15 miles during training for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. The BIG difference is I ran 14 miles on the treadmill, and that 15 miler was on the roads. I also had that "exhilarating feeling of satisfaction and achievement" that Sasha mentions above. Next week my plan is to tie that 15 miler from April.

Today is a Long Run.
14 Miles. Time 2:07. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 159 bpm. Feels great to be back running long again!! Body feels good with no aches nor pain, I'm happy my left ankle seems to be totally healed.

1 comment:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Ah the endorphins aren't they wonderful! I really like that quote~ So true!
Have fun with next weeks 15!!