Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Easy Recovery Run

Daily Quote: "People ask why I run. I say, "If you have to ask, you will never understand". It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." Erin Leonard

I had to drag my sorry self to the gym this morning as I'm not fully recovered from yesterday's long run and felt mentally and physically exhausted.

Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 1:00. Pace, 10 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm. Treadmill speed set at 6.0 mph. Elevation changes: 2.9 - 0.8 grades. Once I started running I woke up and started feeling the groove. No aches nor pain from yesterday, but was very cautious, any sign of problems I was going to cut this run short, happily I finished my plan of 6 easy miles.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Ah, the pain of getting stronger, faster, and sleeker. Good job with 14 yesterday! I feel that way after only 8 miles.