Saturday, June 2, 2007

SUMMARY: WEEK 22

Daily Quote: "Get going. Get up and walk if you have to, but finish the damned race." -- Ron Hill to Jerome Drayton during the 1970 Boston Marathon

Crazy day! My wife and I went bowling this early morning as to avoid the weekend leagues, we haven't practiced bowling in weeks and rolled only two games each. She did well, broke 100 twice (102 and 108), and I also did very well, with both games over my average of 133 (169 and 163). Our league, Bishop Gorman League, doesn't begin again until the end of August, but we do like to keep our game up.

My wife took a long afternoon nap, and this gave me time for a long run. I really should focus on running long during the weekdays as she feels neglected when I'm gone at the gym for too long during the weekends.

Today was a Long Run of 13 miles.
13 miles. Time, 2:03. Average pace, 9:27 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% Grade. 6 miles @ 6.3 mph, 6 miles @ 6.4 mph, 1 mile @ 6.5 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 159 bpm. This is my longest run since the "Salt Lake City Half Marathon!" No aches nor pain.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF MAY 27 - JUNE 2, 2007

I have returned to running seven days a week, and ran a grand total of 61 miles!! I feel like I'm back on track, although the beginning of last week I was very tired and concerned I might be overtrained.

My weight training had been inconsistent as one day I skipped weights due to extreme fatigue, but came back strong by the end of the week. Consistency must be improved if I wish to see any gains. My current plan is to weight train via circuit workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

I haven't lost any weight, but didn't gain any weight either, I'm still 175 pounds on a six foot frame. Although I ran 61 miles and weight trained too, you would think I would have lost some weight! Exercise is only part of the equation of losing weight, as a healthy diet is important too...unfortunately, I've been sliding back to old habits of eating snacks before bedtime...usually when I'm typing on this computer. My main goal is to eliminate junk food before bedtime next week!! (as I type this, I'm fighting the urge to get up and head for the snacks!)

My sleeping habits have been inconsistent too, most nights I'll sleep 7-8 hours with a short mid-day nap, other nights I'll only manage 4-5 hours of sleep with no naps. My morning pulses have been erratic too, at the beginning of last week my morning heart rates were 51-53 bpm, but improved later during the week to 41-42 bpm. I'll keep striving to improve my sleeping habits.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Medium Long Run: 11 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Tempo Run, 8 miles.
Friday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Saturday: Long Run, 13 miles.
Total Miles: 61 Miles.

No comments: