Monday, October 1, 2007

Dentist from Boston

Daily Quote: "No doubt a brain and some shoes are essential for marathon success, although if it comes down to a choice, pick the shoes. More people finish marathons with no brains than with no shoes." --Don Kardong

Today I had a late start with my running as I had a dental appointment at 8:30 a.m. I have no cavities and my mouth is in perfect health. My dentist, Tida Saltz DMD, wanted to make my next appointment next April during the Boston Marathon week...I told her I needed an earlier appointment due to my marathon and was surprised to learn that she's born and raised in Boston! Discovered Dr. Saltz is a fitness runner and runs three miles a day. She was pretty excited about my racing Boston and told me several "must sees" tourist attractions. She's now my dentist and fan!

Today is a Medium Long Run.
11 miles. Time, 1:40. Overall Pace, 9:10 minute miles. 10:30 a.m. Out and back on Alta to Sun Coast Casino. Sunny, 79-83 degrees, wind SW @ 6 mph. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) Average heart rate: 150 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 163 bpm. Ran a different course than my typical Las Vegas Marathon route...Alta to Sun Coast Casino is all a gradual uphill, which means an eventual downhill too; surprisingly my troublesome puny ankles didn't suffer from the hill. Felt adventurous to run a new route this morning, although it became very warm due to my late start because of the earlier dental appointment. I'm in Recovery Week, therefore my Medium Long Run is a shorter distance.

3 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

It's a small world! that is SO NEAT! It's great to have a fan base, and it seems as though it is ever expanding!

Haha, you've got fans from several different necks of the woods now!

New Routes are always fantastic:)
Gotta keep it interesting!

robison52 said...

Howdy Tiger! I usually experiment with new routes on Recovery Weeks as I prefer to do my marathon training on the exact Las Vegas Marathon course. It does indeed keeps my runs interesting!

Anonymous said...

Ohio Florists