Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Garmin Forerunner 205


Daily Quote: "The true test of a man's character is what he does when he knows he won't get caught." --Anonymous

Frustrating! This morning I notice that my Garmin Forerunner 205 (GPS personal trainer) is having troubles getting charged, unfortunately my Garmin is over two years old and the warranty has expired. Funny how much I depend on this tool to help keep me on pace and to read mile splits for later analysis. I may have to invest in the fancier (see photo) Garmin Forerunner 305 soon! Today I'm going to have to rely on my Polar Heart Rate Monitor and strive to maintain at least consistent effort.

Today is my Long Run.
18 miles. Time, 2:54. Overall Pace, 9:42. Out and back to Smoke Ranch Road that traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon course. 10:00 a.m. Sunny, 66-71 degrees, Wind SW @ 12 mph. Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 148 bpm. (Note: maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) No marathon pace miles today. This week is Recovery Week therefore I cut-back my Long Run Mileage a little as my marathon taper is just around the corner. Really miss wearing my Garmin Forerunner, at least I know the mile markers on this course extremely well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its' Me-Jimmy,
....Very Nice, but (Santa Claus) might be a little "Poor" this year, ha, ha....
Great Job with "Your-Training", God Bless & "Keep on Running"....
"Jtornadoman"....

robison52 said...

Howdy Jimmy! Yup, Santa is dirt poor this year as he's helping me with my future Boston Marathon expenses! Still, I might have to break down and purchase a new, better improved Garmin, the Garmin Forerunner 305...even if I have to eat peanut butter/jelly sandwiches for lunch for the rest of the year!!