Daily Quote: "Running is real and relatively simple…but it ain't easy." --Mark Will-Weber
I'm a little behind on my blog as Suzie, Lisa, and I went to Flagstaff over the weekend to visit relatives. I had a great time in much cooler temperatures running on the Flagstaff Trail System. The trail system in Flagstaff is fantastic, well groomed trails through thick Ponderosa Pine trees.
This early morning did a General Aerobic Run on the trails
10 miles. Time, 1:36. Overall Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Out & Back on the Flagstaff Trail System. 7:30 a.m., 30-35 degrees, little wind. Average Heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac drift: 149 bpm. Trail running is slower than road running, but heart rate was relatively the same effort. Ankles were a little sore as I'm not used to running on gravel and steep uphills/downhills, but I should be o.k. tomorrow.
Our bowling team, "One Wonders," is currently in FIRST PLACE!! This is the first time our team has reached the top of the Bishop Gorman League standings.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 21-27, 2007
Five more weeks until "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week was the third week of a 4-week training block (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). I slightly increased my weekly mileage to 94 miles!! 94 miles is my highest weekly mileage ever! Next week is a Recovery Week, but will cut my mileage by less than 20 percent as I'll be approaching my marathon taper in two more weeks (this year I'll be experimenting with a two-week taper rather than my usual three week taper.)
I only lost one pound even though I had ran my highest weekly mileage of 94 miles...next week is Recovery Week and must keep a close eye on my calorie intake.
I did two weight circuit workouts last week, failed on accomplishing three weight sessions. Hopefully next week's Recovery Week will give me more time to strength train.
My morning heart rates have remained a low 39-42 bpm. I was able to sleep 7-8 hours every night last week! Now that the temperatures are cooler in Vegas I don't need to awake so early as to avoid the heat.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Doubles: Early AM, 6 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 21 miles.
Thursday: Doubles: Early AM, 6 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Friday: Medium Long Run + Marathon Pace, 12 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Total Mileage: 94 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sugest eat negative calorie foods which help to lose your weight in safe way.
Post a Comment