Saturday, October 6, 2007

SUMMARY, WEEK 40

Daily Quote: "“If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” --Steve Prefontaine

Today is a General Aerobic Run
8 miles. Time, 1:11. Overall pace, 8:58 minute miles. 9:30 a.m. Sunny, 63 degrees, Winds SW at 12 mph with 25 mph gusts! Out and back on Torrey Pines southern route, which is part of the 2007 New Las Vegas Marathon course...the course this year has a burp around the Bonanza High School as to avoid Flamingo Road and is very noticable on the course map (Del Rey, Redwood Ave, Oakey Blvd) Average heart rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac Drift 159 bpm. (Note: maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Strong gusts made this run tougher than normal and reflected in a higher heart rate, nevertheless, will be good experience if the marathon is windy this year.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 6, 2007

Time is flying by as I only have eight more weeks until the "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week was a Recovery Week and ran a total of 66 miles. I'm now recharged and ready for another strong four week training block!

I didn't lose any weight, not surprising as last week was a Recovery Week, I'm still 167 pounds on a six foot frame. Normally when I cut back mileage I would gain a little weight, therefore I'm pleased my weight has remained constant.

I did accomplish three weight circuit training sessions last week, running less mileage means I have more time for weight training. I increased my weights by five pounds on all weight stations! I'm definitely getting stronger!! Next week will be challenging with continuing my weight training sessions due to time constraints from more mileage.

My morning heart rates have remained low, 38-41 bpm, having a Recovery Week definitely helps with getting more sleep and better morning heart rates. I slept 7-8 hours every day last week!

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 11 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 16 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Friday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 66 miles.

1 comment:

vmJoe said...

Bruce,

Wind gusts are great when they are at your back, of course. The only thing worse then running into a wind gust is running up-hill into a wind gust! :)

Your training is looking great!

-Joe