Daily Quote: "The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do." --Walter Bagehot
Last night was a very slow night driving a cab in Las Vegas. Many slow work nights you can find me walking loops around the airport's holding area for taxi's, which is nicknamed by the cabbies as "the pit." One lap around the pit is about 1/4 mile, but I don't measure by distance, but by time, and last night I walked intermittently for a total of two hours. Walking once was my primarily exercise when I first started losing weight at 249 pounds, now it's my crosstraining for my running.
Early AM. After work and before bedtime: Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 58 minutes. Overall Pace, 9:40 minute miles. 2:15 a.m. Out and back on Lanning Route. Dark and clear night, 64 degrees with 10 mph wind. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac drift. 149 bpm. I'm more tired after work when it's slow as time drags and I also am spent from fast walking, I was tempted to skip this run, but my ego wouldn't let me play hookey.
Later AM. After sleeping seven hours. Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:03. Overall Pace, 9:00 minute miles. 9:15 a.m. Out and back on Torrey Pines(partly traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon route.) 9:00 a.m. 60 degrees, Sunny skies with 5 mph wind. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac drift, 150 bpm. After not bringing enough water yesterday, I overdid it today and carried too much water for a short 7 miler. My body feels o.k., and will have a Tempo Run tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whats up? Just looking for bloggers doing the Vegas Marathon ... I just registered. After being part of the Chicago Marathon Meltdown myself and several other would-be marathoners found the need for a "replacement marathon" ;) Vegas it is!
Las Vegas Marathon is fairly flat with water stations at EVERY mile, which might be a relief for those from the Chicago Marathon Meltdown! Thanks for introducing yourself, I'll check your blog soon.
Post a Comment