Daily Quote: "Travis Bickle: June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight." --Movie, Taxi Driver, 1976. Robert DeNiro.
Cab business in Las Vegas is extremely slow, only nine fares for a 12-hour shift...no major conventions and few tourists. This is going to be a long, boring week at work, but plenty of time to catch up on my reading.
No "doubles" today as I'm currently in Recovery Week.
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:04. Overall Pace, 9:09 minute miles. Out and back to Sun Coast Hotel & Casino. 10:00 a.m. 72 degrees, Sunny skies with 7 mph wind. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac drift, 151 bpm. Haven't ran up to Sun Coast Casino since last spring...it's a tough run, one long, gradual uphill climb on Alta Road and return home all downhill, needless to say, I achieved an easy negative split!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bruce,
I was catching up on your blog and was reminded of perhaps the worst bowling joke ever. It's a verbal joke, and won't work very well in print, so I suggest you read it aloud. We'll use the names of running message boarders.
Scooter: I was at the bowling alley last week and I was watching a match, these two really good bowlers were going head to head. One of the guys bowled a three hundred and one.
Tornadoman: Really? I didn't think anyone could bowl more than three hundred.
Scooter: Did you ever see someone bowl a three hundred and lose?
I hope your day is better than the joke.
Wayne
Howdy Wayne! Good Joke!! I'm going to retell the joke to my team members this Sunday, their used to hearing my horrible jokes and need fresh material.
Post a Comment