Daily Quote: "My experience as a runner and coach indicates that long runs greater than 22 miles take much more out of the body than do runs in the range of 20 to 22 miles." --Pete Pfitzinger
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:29. Overall Pace, 9:12 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 3:30 a.m!!., , Sunny 59-63 degrees. Winds SW @ 15 mph. Average heart rate: 146 bpm. Cardiac Drift 157 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) My speed was slower and heart rate higher than last week's General Aerobic Run, I believe I'm not fully recovered from yesterday's Medium Long Run + Marathon Pace. I ran at 3:30 a.m. in the morning as I had a very long afternoon nap and couldn't sleep, therefore I ran, returned and slept like a baby.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 7 - 13, 2007
Only seven more weeks until the "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week was the first week of a 4 week training training block (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). I've reached a new high for weekly mileage, which is 92 miles, my highest mileage ever! The mileage wasn't easy as I bonked during my long run and had difficulties with higher heart rates during most of my other runs, I might be having effects from overtraining although the previous week I had a Recovery Week. My body is reaching its max for weekly mileage and may have to repeat last week's mileage rather than increasing mileage further as to avoid the effect of overtraining and possibly injury.
I've lost another pound and currently 166 pounds on a six foot frame. I've been eating like theirs no tomorrow, but still lost weight! My goal is to reach the racing weight of 160 pounds for the marathon.
It's a struggle to do weight circuit training during last week's high mileage and only managed two sessions last week. I'll try and return to three weight circuit training sessions next week.
My morning heart rates have been erratic, 38 - 48 beats per minute and is a warning sign that I'm close to overtraining. I'm still sleeping well, between 7-8 hours per day, although that means I'm waking later and running in higher temperatures. Lately I haven't had time for after run naps, which might have an effect on my morning heart rates as well.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Doubles: Early AM, 6 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 20 miles.
Thursday: Doubles: Early AM, 6 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Friday: Medium Long Run + Marathon Pace, 11 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Total Mileage: 92 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bruce,
....Wow, 92-miles. Great job, and "Good-Luck" with Boston. I can't wait to check it out come race day. Have a great week, and "Keep on Running"....
....Give (God) the Glory for all your accomplishments, for he-(God) is certainly our "Strength to Run".... See You,
Jimmy/Jtornadoman/Jacobs....
Post a Comment