Daily Quote: "Keep in mind that every athlete is an 'experiment of one;' percentages and time lines are guidelines; use them as a place to start, and adjust according to how you feel." --Jack Daniels, Ph.D.
The above quote is from this month's "Runner's World" magazine, pg 40. The last several years I've been using the quote "experiment of one" at about.com running/jogging forum and don't remember where I picked up the quote...I've read so many coaches, doctors, runners using this statement that I could have picked it up from any one of them. The "experiment of one" can be used in so many contexts, such as running schedule, recovery, shoes, what to eat before, during, and after the run, etc. The forumites at about.com are probably sick of hearing this phrase as well as my other standbys like "baby steps, baby steps!!"
Today is a Medium Long Run.
15 miles. Time, 2:15. Overall Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Out and back from home to Craig Road that covers five miles of the northern section "New Las Vegas Marathon" course. 8:30 a.m. Sunny, 70-77 degrees, Wind SW at 6 mph. Average heart rate: 152 bpm. Cardiac drift: 166 bpm. Last three miles were at goal marathon pace (8:00 minute miles). Felt very motivated this morning as it's great to be back to regular marathon training. Left ankle complained during the small uphill section crossing HWY 95 bridge, other than that no problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment