Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Red Rock Canyon

Daily Quote: ""rapid motion through space elates one" --James Joyce

Today I travelled 30 minutes to run Red Rock Canyon! Beautiful and windy day in those cooler hills. I haven't ran Red Rock Canyon since last fall and was surprised at the changes in the visitor center, they also have a toll booth as they're collecting fees now ($5.00 per car). I'm able to park at the visitor center for free and run past the toll booth. I accomplished 11 miles around the scenic road route and finished with 5 miles out & back on Calico Trail. I really need to experience our natural treasure here more often.

Long Run.
16 miles. Time, 2:25. Overall Pace, 9:05 minute miles. Sunny, cool, 59-64 degrees, wind SW at 14 mph, gusts of 20 mph. Average heart rate 149 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 157 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) No aches nor pain! Felt invigorated by the scenery. Shorter Long Run as this is Recovery Week.

Changed into my work clothes in the car as their wasn't enough time to return home and shower, left directly from the canyon to work.

No comments: