Daily Quote: "Even if you fall flat on your face·at least you are moving forward." --Sue Luke
First day wearing my new shoes, "ASICS GT-2110," which are stability shoes that worked well on my flat feet during last year's training for the 2006 New Las Vegas Marathon. Bought them today on sale at Nike Factory Store in the Premium Outlet Mall for 39.99! I've retired my old "Brooks Adrenaline #6" that'll now be my walking shoes, if the price is right, I would purchase them again. The Adrenalines had 472 miles on them and don't show much wear, but better safe than sorry.
Early AM, after work and before bedtime: Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training, I've increased the chest press and shoulder press by five pounds. Instead of my typical cool down with the elliptical, decided to walk on the treadmill for ten minutes.
No "Doubles" today as I'm in Recovery Week.
Later AM. After sleeping eight hours.
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:05. Overall Pace, 9:17 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines (partly traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon route.) 11:00 a.m. Late start today as I went shopping for my new NIKE shoes. 73 degrees, Sunny skies with 15 mph wind. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac drift, 151 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Didn't carry any water today, didn't appear to need it as I had no thirst during the run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment