Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Comedy of Errors

Daily Quote: "You have to go through cycles of extreme poverty and suffering for a while; they are used to that...They get up early, run hard, rest drink tea, get out and run hard again. Wehn Simon Dirorie gets up at 4 a.m. - I'm dedicated, but I'm not that dedicated."- Keith Brantly, on why the Kenyan runners are so good, 1993

Early AM (after work and before bedtime): Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training. Cool down, 10 minutes on elliptical. I had an odd sensation of dizziness on the elliptical that felt like motion sickness.

Later AM (after sleeping eight hours):
Long Run. 20 miles. Time, 3:10. Overall pace, 9:30 minute miles. 10:30 a.m., Sunny 73-85 degrees, 15 mph, 25 mph gusts. Out and back from home to Bonanza/H St that traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon Route. Average heart rate 148 bpm. Cardiac drift 166 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.

A comedy of errors: started running later than usual, weather hotter than expected, didn't bring enough fluids, bonking at 19 miles and struggled the last mile home. I must awake earlier for my long run, even if that means less sleep...I could always return to bed after the run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.