Daily Quote: "I did not attend his funeral, but I wrote a nice letter saying I approved of it." --Mark Twain
Today is a Long Run.
15 miles. Time, 2:17. Pace, 9:08 minutes miles (the last two miles was half-marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles). Out and back on Torrey Pines Route, which partly encompasses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" course. Weather was breezy, to say the least, Partly cloudy, 60-62 degrees, Wind SW @ 10-15 mph with GUSTS AROUND 35 MPH!! Average heart rate: 147 bpm. Cardiac drift: 160 bpm. This 15 miler is the longest run so far this year! Although the gusts were tough, I felt very strong and could have gone faster and farther.
Tomorrow's weather forcast isn't much better:
Tuesday...Partly sunny. Windy. Highs around 60. Southwest wind 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph decreasing to 35 mph in the afternoon. Thankfully, tomorrow is a scheduled Recovery Run and won't have to be out there for long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey Bruce, you need to stop running and get roller blades & a sail :)
Actually, my father-in-law did that with ice skates when he was a kid in Chicago. I have a picture of him & his sail. He went pretty fast.
Howdy Allen! Somehow I managed to pick up a virus in my computer and can't access my yahoo.mail acct., I'm striving to fix it via my Norton AntiVirus software, what a royal pain!! Everything else appears fine on the computer.
I might do speedwork today, Wednesday, on the treadmill as we're still getting some pretty strong gusts! Sucking in all that air pollution undoubtedly isn't very healthy. I've always had problems with roller blades, roller skates and ice skates as I have weak skinny ankles.
Maybe it's spyware rather than a virus. There are some good free spyware checkers. If you have the latest Norton, it checks for spyware. In addition, AdWare is a good program.
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/adware.php?ref=google_a
Howdy Allen! Norton AntiVirus found the bug, it's called, "Spyaxe," which is a Security Risk that gives exaggerated reports of threats on the compromised computer. The risk then prompts the user to purchase a registered version of the software in order to remove the reported threats. I was able to delete "Spyaxe", two years ago a virus had wiped out my computer's memory, therefore I bought all these security programs that are really paying themselves off!
SpyAxe... What a way to sell software :( Glad you got the guy!
Post a Comment