Daily Quote: "Anatomy is destiny." --Sigmund Freud
Tomorrow is my birthday and was curious what it would take for me to win my new age division of 55-59 in the "New Las Vegas Marathon?" Well, last December, the following person was the one to beat:
#1 in Male age group 55-59: JAMES SPOO, Lake Ridge, VA, Age 59. Chip Time, 3:04:52.
O.k., Now I know! If I can get close to 3:00 in the upcoming Las Vegas Marathons I may have a chance to place....of course, I'll need to chop off 45 minutes from my personal best!?! Nevertheless, I might not make it next year, but do have four more years in this age group to succeed. Wishful thinking? Interesting to note that James Spoo was 59 years old and beat all the youngsters like me.
Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time :57 minutes. Pace 9:20 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Sunny, 64 degrees!!, Wind SW @ 7 mph. Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 151 bpm. Nice easy run! My body shows no ill effects from yesterday's 14 mile long run. Found it sad reading other blogs with near zero temperatures...oh well, come Summer I'll be on the treadmill and they'll have perfect running temperatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
64 degrees. What I wouldn't give for those temps. We still have about 4 mos before we see that at least at the time I run in the morning. -2 this morning so I think it was about 76 at the treadmill.
Howdy Running Deb! In four months you'll be having bragging rights as Vegas will be 119 degrees in the shade and I'll be forced on the treadmill.
Post a Comment