Daily Quote: "If the leader pushes, I will go with him, even if I die by the roadside." --Rodgers Rop, on winning the New York City Marathon.
Wife is complaining about the time I spend running on the weekends. She would be very happy if I took a day off on Sunday. As a compromise, instead of long runs on Sunday I'll do short recovery runs before she even wakes up; I hope this solution appeases her for now. Where should I place my long run on my busy weekly schedule? Logically, Monday would be the best day for a long run as I would be totally rested due to not working on Sunday night AND having an easy recovery run that day too.
Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 59 minutes. Pace, 9:59 minutes per mile. Out and back on Lanning Route. Sunny, 50 degrees, Wind S @ 4 mph. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac drift: 150 bpm. ANOTHER beautiful morning! My body was well prepared to run long, but six miles will have to do until tomorrow. I'll strive to run 14 miles on Monday, which would be my longest run since the marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment