Sunday, February 18, 2007

Summary: Week 7

Daily Quote: "We almost never think of the present, and when we do, it is only to see what light it throws on our plans for the future." --Blaise Pascal

Today is a Recovery Day.
6 miles. Time, 1:00. Pace: 10 minutes per mile. Out and back on Lanning Route. Sunny, 51 degrees, Wind: South @ 8 mph. Average heart rate: 138 bpm. Cardiac drift: 147 bpm. Ran very slow and easy as I'm recovering from yesterday's 5k race. One day after setting a 5k record my body has no ill effects, no pain, nor soreness, even my morning heart rate was only 46 bpm. Nevertheless, I should still have another recovery day tomorrow.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF FEBRUARY 11-17, 2007

Last week was a combination cut-back week and taper for 5k race. Therefore my total weekly mileage was only 35 miles.

Ran 5k race with a time of 22:32, which is a new personal record.

Maintained weight of 172 pounds. I'm surprised I didn't gain weight this week due to less mileage from tapering.

I'm still having troubles getting enough sleep. This week I'll focus on getting more sleep EVERY night.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Easy Run, 5 miles.
Thursday: Easy Run, 5 miles.
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 5k Race with one mile cool down.
TOTAL MILES: 35 miles.

No comments: