Daily Quote: "I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates." --T.S. Eliot
Today I completed a Runner's Personality Quiz that was in this month's "Runner's World Magazine" (March 2007, pp 56-61) and discovered I'm a "Warrior!" What does this mean? According to the article a warrior is, and I quote:
"You are motivated primarily by competition. How far and how fast you run is largely dictated by meeting the needs of your racing, and you think of running in terms of training. You would still run if you had to give up racing, but not nearly as intensely. 'Warriors' personalities are strongly identified with performance goals,' says sports psychologist Robert Udewitz. 'These runners are likely to understand the science of physical performance and find fufillment from testing their limits.'" End of Quote.
Needless to say, I'm not surprised by the findings of the quiz, as I know I'm very competitive, sometimes more competitive than my own good. I should run and train with others without turning every encounter into a competition as I would be more fresh and ready when I do race. Only problem is my wacky schedule, hard to run with others when I work 12-hour swing shifts and awake after 9:00 a.m., also having many daily chores and errands make finding time to socially run more difficult too.
Today is a Recovery Day.
6 miles. 57 minutes. Pace, 9:20 minutes per mile. Out and back on Lanning Route. Partly cloudy, 65 degrees, Wind W @ 7 mph. Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac drift: 150 bpm. ANOTHER day of perfect running weather, in fact, last night Las Vegas broke a record with a overnight low of 53 degrees (previous record was 50 degrees). I'm hoping Vegas doesn't return to frigid weather again. I feel well rested and ready for tomorrow's speed work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree, you are a Warrior! I took the test, too, and I'm a Purist. I did have one for the social category, because I like to wave "Hi" to the runners I pass.
Howdy Allen! I could easily see, just by reading your daily blog, that you're indeed a "Purist!"
Post a Comment