Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to Half Marathon Training

Daily Quote: "Curro, ergo sum" (I run, therefore I am). --Roger Scruton

I'm now back to half-marathon training, after the distractions of tapering, racing a 5k, and a two day recovery!

Today is a Long Run.
13 miles. Time, 2:01. Pace, 9:18 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road, that partially covers the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Weather is clear, 42 degrees, Wind: East @ 9 mph. Average heart rate 142 bpm. Cardiac drift: 150 bpm. Nice and easy long run with no fartleks nor half-marathon pace miles as I'm still somewhat cautious due to my racing last Saturday. I don't feel any aches nor pains, but I'm not taking any chances of over stressing my body.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed the break from half-marathon training and the 5k race was fun, especially when I accomplished a 5k personal record. I may run another 5k race next month.

1 comment:

Allen said...

It's a good idea to run the 5K races. Great speed training. You have good endurance for long distance. Speed training is what you need (along with more endurance, of course).