Saturday, February 3, 2007

Summary: Week 5

Daily Quote: "Death twitches my ear.
'Live, he says, 'I am coming.'" --Virgil

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
9 miles. Time, 1:26. Pace, 9:33 minute miles. Out and back on Lindell Route. Sunny, 52 degrees, Wind S at 3 mph. A glorious day for running! Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac drift: 150 bpm. Running effort was perfectly paced!

I went to "Pep Boys" to get an oil change for my wife's truck; I became bored waiting and wandered next door to "Ross Dress for Less" and discovered they had a pair of "ASICS Gel Kayano XI" in my size for $19.99!! What a steal!!! I was practically giddy at the cash register as I paid for this bargain. If someone had told me ten years ago I would be this excited about a pair of shoes I would have told them they were CRAZY!

Summary for week of January 28-February 3, 2007

Increased weekly mileage to 58 mpw (the previous week's mileage was 56 mpw). I also continued running seven days a week.

Ran a hard interval workout concentrating on improving 5k pace.

Maintained weight of 173 pounds on a six foot frame. My body appears to be at "set point" and is very comfortable at this weight, nevertheless, I need to reduce my weight to 165 pounds.

A quick recap of last week's mileage:

Sunday: Long Run, 13 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Pace Intervals, 8 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
TOTAL MILEAGE: 58 miles.

Total Mileage for January: 229 miles.
Year's total mileage: 252 miles.

3 comments:

Nat said...

OMG I am so excited for your steal too. That is an amazing deal. Are Asiacs actually your shoe or you just knew a good shoe and a good deal? I would do flips if I could find my Adrenalines for $20.

I am also very envious of your weather.

We ran the same mpw last week.

I also wanted to add that my body is at a set weight too--125 on 5'5 frame. I can lose inches but my weight (for nearly 17 years) doesn't go much above or below that. I have accepted it is what it is. Though to be a lithe and sleek 115. . . Ah, I like to eat too much to try for that. Not worth it if I have to give up yummy eats and drinks.

robison52 said...

Nope, I usually wear Nike Air Structures, or NB 767, and or Mizuno Alchemy, all shoes are stability shoes, as is the ASICS...different brand, but same type of shoe

robison52 said...

I love the weather right now, it's perfect for me, unfortunately, it'll start getting hotter soon.

Same mileage! Great runners think alike?? You should be tapering soon???

Funny how the body loves a certain weight and will always gyrate back to it...nevertheless, I would be a much faster, fitter runner at 165 pounds. I'll sacrifice SOME yummy eats and drinks if I have to :(