Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WINDY!

Daily Quote: "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." --A.A. Milne

Today was extremely windy causing power outages, downed lines, and heavy air pollution. Probably unwise that I ran out in the wind again this morning as I've been coughing up heavy phlegm, the next time it's this windy I'll run on the treadmill.

Today is a Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:05. Pace, 9:17 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Partly cloudy, 54 degrees, Winds SW @ 25-30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph!! Tough headwinds, but kept repeating my mantra, "I LOVE the wind!"

3 comments:

Allen said...

hmmm.... Coughing up heavy phlegm is not a good sign; it may mean your cold or what ever is going into your chest. Maybe you've been pushing too hard for your busy schedule and lack of sleep?

robison52 said...

Suzie, my wife has been concerned too, she's encouraging me to take her drug "Coricidin HBP", which is decongestant-free cold relief for people with high blood pressure (she has high blood pressure and very high cholesterol). My heavy phlegm could be a cold, but also this time of year is my allergy season too, and I believe I've been breathing in a lot of pollution, especially dust, from the strong winds lately. In the future when Vegas has 45 mph gusts I'll head for the treadmill.

Allen said...

Maybe you should adopt the practice I saw in Japan of wearing a face mask when they're outside :) Even better might be a gas mask. Salt Lake City has bad inversions with high pollution, so a gas mask for me might be in order.