Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fragile Self Confidence

Daily Quote: "A few hours of mountain climbing turn a rascal and a saint into two similar creatures." --Nietszche

I'm going through withdrawals, I miss my long runs and medium long runs; I need those runs to make me feel my muscles aren't turning into rice pudding! I'm wasting all my previous weeks of hard work for this one week of tapering for a 5k race. I can read the importance of a tapering until my mind explodes, but still have self doubts with this low mileage. I'm a glutton for self punishment. Must stay positive.

Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 57 minutes. Pace, 9:30 minutes per mile. Out and back on Torrey Pines route that partially traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Very cloudy, 56 degrees, Wind NW @ 8 mph., 20% chance of rain. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 150 bpm. My body wanted to run farther as the weather is perfect and I have all this bubbling energy, but forced the body to return home.

Extended forcast for the weather this coming race day Saturday is partly cloudy with a high of 71 degrees, and an overnight low of 48 degrees. Should be close to ideal racing weather!

4 comments:

Allen said...

If you get enough sleep this week, you'll do very well!

robison52 said...

Howdy Allen! More sleep would be wonderful.

runningDeb said...

ideal running weather, what is that??

robison52 said...

Howdy runningdeb! I know, it almost sounds like I'm bragging, sorry, I've read the suffering the weather is causing you...don't worry, this coming Summer you'll have bragging rights!