Daily Quote: "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."--Winston Churchill
Normally Mondays are Recovery Runs from yesterday's long run, but with the goal of marital harmony will be doing my long runs on Monday. Today is a 14 miler, which is the longest run since the marathon!
Today's Long Run. 14 miles, Time 2:13. Pace, 9:34 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road, which partially covers the "New Las Vegas Marathon Route." Sunny, 60 degrees! ( the High in Las Vegas will be 73 degrees today!!) Wind NE @ 10 mph. Average heart rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac Drift 163 bpm) Ran last mile at half-marathon pace of 8:00 minute mile, hence the 163 bpm heart rate.
Attempting daily mileage high of 14 miles, therefore kept my heart rate within <75% of maximum heart rate, except for the last mile where I raced home at half-marathon speed of 8:00 minute pace. First day this year where I wore a singlet and shorts, also lathered on sun tan lotion! How I love the Spring!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment