Daily Quote: "Happiness is a form of courage." --Bob Phillips
I feel much better than yesterday, I'm not as congested and am fully rested as I slept a total of eight hours. Normally I would do speed work on Fridays, but decided to stay inside on a treadmill today as to avoid the strong winds and accompanied pollution that might be infecting my respiratory tract.
Today is Speed Work - Intervals.
6 miles. Time, 49:28. Pace, 8:14 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. Warmup: 1 mile at 6.5 mph. Intervals: 5 x 1/2 mile at 8.6 mph (6:59 minute miles). Jog intervals are 1/4 mile at 6.0 mph. Cool down: 1 mile at 6.5 mph. Average heart rate: 158 bpm. Cardiac drift: 182 bpm.
I did five intervals (last week was three intervals) and would have done more, but my heart rate was too high during the fifth jog interval, which went beyond my 70% of maximum heart rate reserve ceiling for a recovery jog. Next week's speed work will attempt six intervals at 8.6 mph. Note: my last 5k race was at 7:15 minute per mile pace and set a personal record, therefore if I can do these intervals repeatedly at 6:59 minute pace I should be able to achieve a personal record in next month's race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment