Sunday, February 11, 2007

Summary: Week 6

Daily Quote: "Every man loves what he is good at." --Thomas Shadwell

Yesterday was a General Aerobic Run.
9 miles. Time, 1:24. Pace, 9:20 minute miles. Out and back on Lindell Route, which is getting pretty boring, yet comforting as I can daydream on the course as it's so familiar without any surprises. Cloudy, 46 degrees, Wind SW @ 10 mph. Average heart rate: 146 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 152 bpm. Nice easy pace with no aches or pains.

I had to start my run very early this morning, 6:00 a.m., due to my very first bowling lesson with a professional bowler scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Therefore only had four hours sleep. The bowling lesson went well, learned I was bowling with a too heavy ball (16 pounder) that messed up my follow through, I purchased a new 14 pound ball that is weighted to provide a hook. I have a new bowling style that has a hooking ball starting from the second mark, which hopefully hits the "sweet spot" with consistency. How I'm going to find time to practice my new bowling technique is problematic, maybe after work at 2:00 a.m.? Next Saturday not only do I have a bowling lesson at 9:00 a.m., but I also have a 5k race at 7:00 a.m...should be interesting to see how I'll race with just four hours of sleep!

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF FEBRUARY 4-10, 2007

Increased mileage to 60 miles (previous mileage was 58 miles.) I'm still running seven days a week!

Increased my speedwork intervals (six intervals) This will be my last speedwork before 5k race next Saturday.

Lost one pound of weight, I'm now 172 pounds on a six foot frame. Seems like I keep losing and gaining the same pound of weight every week. This week binged during my birthday, next week I really need to stay focused on my portions.

I'm going to have to schedule more SLEEP, I'm only averaging 4-6 hours of sleep a night and is unacceptable to my getting fit and healthy.

A quick recap of last week's mileage:

Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: Long Run, 14 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Medium-Long Run, 11 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Intervals, 8 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
TOTAL MILEAGE: 60 miles.

Next week will be a slight cut-back week as I'll be doing a mini-taper for the upcoming "Third Annual President's Day 5k" on February 17th. I'm looking forward to this recovery week as my body is tired, not only from running, but from driving conventioners non-stop and not getting enough sleep. Next week the Las Vegas Convention Center will have a large convention called M.A.G.I.C., which is an acronym for a textile convention; I'm going to need all the rest I can get!

No comments: