Daily Quote: "Why couldn't Pheidippides have died here?" --Frank Shorter, at the 16-mile mark in a marathon.
Today is a REST DAY!!! The last time I had a rest day was on January 1st! Tomorrow morning, to be exact 11 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds from now, I'll be racing the "Third Annual President's 5k Race." My personal record for the 5k distance is 22:49! That personal record was set last year during the "Runnin' for the House 5k" on May 29, 2006. To break this record I'll need a 7:20 minute per mile pace.
The weather forcast isn't very promising:
Rest Of Today...Mostly sunny. Highs around 71. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Saturday...Sunny. Highs around 70. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
I'll have to keep repeating the mantra, "I LOVE the wind!" Oh well, I'll do the best I can under any conditions, keeping in mind that my age group competitors also have to face the same wind.
I picked up my race packet today, which has a nice SWEATSHIRT! How nice!! My closet is overflowing with race t-shirts.
I won't be able to post my 5k result immediately tomorrow as I have a bowling lesson at 9:00 a.m. I'm going to be one exhausted dude!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Break a leg tomorrow, Bruce!!
Errr... well... you know what I mean. ;-)
Post a Comment