Daily Quote: "It's about morale. With weak legs and a good head you can go a long way. With good legs and a weak head you go nowhere." Paul Kimmage, on bicycle racing.
The "Third Annual Presidents 5k Race" this upcoming Saturday in on a new course that's a loop and begins at Findlay Chevrolet located at Rainbow & I-215. The course has two slight upgrades and two slight downgrades and the surface is asphalt roads. Today I ran easily on the new course and it's a little challenging, which will make getting a personal record more difficult. I probably shouldn't have trained on the course today as I have a tendency of psyching myself out! I'll just do the best that I can with the knowledge I'm a stronger runner than last year. The race is only 1 day, 14 hours, and 22 minutes away!!
Today is an Easy Run.
5 miles. Time, :47 minutes. Pace, 9:24. Looped around Findlay Chevrolet, which covers the "Third Annual Presidents 5k Race" route. Sunny, Partly cloudy, 51 degrees, with little wind. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac drift: 149 bpm. This might be my last run before the race, I'm seriously considering on taking a day off from running on Friday, which would be my first day off from running since January 1st!! I'll be working 12 hours on Friday night and won't be home until after 2:00 A.M. Saturday morning, if I awake at 6:00 A.M. on Race Day, I'll have less than four hours of sleep. I'm hoping to sleep late on Friday morning, carbo load and then take a long nap before work. I'll need all the rest I can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Bruce,
Repeat a million times before the race. "I'll PB"
You will!
Post a Comment