Saturday, January 20, 2007

Third Week Summary

Daily Quote: "Let us run with patience that race that is set before us." --Saint Paul

Today's run was a General Aerobic Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:04. Pace, 9:08. Out & Back on Lindell Route. Cloudy, 44 degrees, Wind NW @ 7 mph. Average heart rate: 153 bpm, Cardiac Drift: 162 bpm (drift was due to Spring Mountain Road's hill, I shouldn't be attacking that hill, but maintain steady heart rate and effort). No aches, nor pains, morning heart rate was 142 bpm and I feel fully recovered from Thursday's lactate threshold run. Tomorrow I'll attempt to increase my long run to 13 miles, which will be my longest run since last year's marathon.

SUMMARY FOR JANUARY 14-20, 2007

Increased my week's mileage to 53 miles (last week's mileage was 52 miles). I was also able to maintain running seven days a week.

Added my first "Lactate Threshold" run for the year, discovered I'm stronger this year and will need to increase my pace. Nat commented that 7:50 Pace would not be a stretch for me, she may very well be correct! I need to mentally wrap my mind around that pace, practice it, and own it.

Lost one pound! I'm now 172 pounds on a six foot frame. No worries, I have plenty of time to get my weight down before the Salt Lake City Half Marathon.

I also have been able to maintain this blog DAILY since January 2nd! Most days has been a crunch to record my runs on this blog, especially now being convention season. I'll continue to do the best I can.

The following is a quick recap of last week:
Sunday: Long Run. 12 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run. 5 miles.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run. 9 miles.
Wednesday: Easy Run. 6 miles.
Thursday: Lactate Threshold Run. 8 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run. 6 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run. 7 miles.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Good week. I am so jealous that you can run everyday. My body just can't hack it.

robison52 said...

I'm surprised you can't run everyday as you're a much stronger and faster runner than me! Maybe your easy runs are too fast? Easy runs should be done at less than 70% of maximum heart rate. How is your back coming along? Are you taking it easy?

Nat said...

My back is better--thanks. You are right that I probably don't run slow enough on easy days. Not sure what my max heart rate is.But pretty much the only time I run over a 9 minute mile is on a run over 16 miles and even those are usually under 9 minutes. I find the slower pace uncomfortable on my joints. I prefer to do the ellipitcal rather than run slower.