Wednesday, January 10, 2007

HUMP DAY

Daily Quote: "God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas, but for scars." --Elbert Hubbard

Today is hump day, I'm half way through my work week and I'm already totally exhausted due to the huge Consumer Electronic Show convention. Although I'm working longer and harder, I'm actually making less money as these conventioners are horrible tippers, if they tip at all! I wonder if the conventioners know how much the service workers (bartenders, doormen, valets, waitresses AND cab drivers) HATE them?

This morning I slept two hours longer than normal, I usually sleep for seven hours, but last night I slept much later, nine hours of sleep! I didn't awake refreshed, but exhausted, surprisingly, my morning resting heart rate was only 40 bpm?!?

Thankfully today was an Easy Run:
6 miles. Time, :57 minutes. Out & Back on Torrey Pines Road that partly traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Cloudy, 47 degrees, Wind NE @ 5 mph. My pace was dead-on-even, 9:30 minute miles.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing interval work on my local gym's treadmills, I hope I have ample energy!

No comments: