Daily Quote: "Our nature lies in movement; complete calm is death." --Blaise Pascal
I've decided today to increase my pace today as to get closer to my lactate threshold. Last week's tempo was 7.5 mph, today's experiment I'll slightly increasing speed to 7.6 mph.
Today is a Lacate Threshold workout
8 miles. Time, 1:09. Pace, 8:37. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% Grade. Warmup: 2 miles @ 6.4 mph. Tempo: 4 miles @ 7.6 mph (7:54 minute mile). Cooldown: 2 miles @ 6.4 mph. Average heart rate: 159 bpm. Cardiac drift: 174 bpm. Very close to Lacate Threshold, could probably even increase speed to 7.7 mph.
Next week's speedwork I won't be running a Lacate Threshold workout, but will do 5k intervals workout as I have a 5k race on February 17th. Haven't decided yet what my intervals will be, probably an extension from last year's 5k speedwork.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment