Monday, January 8, 2007

Easy Recovery Run

Daily Quote: "Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps." --Tiger Woods

Today was a planned rest day to recover from yesterday's long run, until I read the extended weather forcast for the end of this week...temperatures could fall to 28 degrees with strong winds and a chance of SNOW!! I decided I would do an easy recover run today and maybe do a rest day later in the week...or, I could just add another day to my training week by running on the treadmill, which would have me running seven days this week.

Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time :57 minutes. Pace, 9:35 miles. Out & back, Torrey Pines Route (partially traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon Route) Cold, 43 degrees, Wind: ENE 12 mph. Average Heart Rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 155 bpm. I ran well within my recover perimeters of 70% of MHR. Run was so easy I was daydreaming during the second half and almost didn't stop for a traffic signal.

Last night I played with posting my profile picture on this blog. Copied off the marathon photo with me and a showgirl from the about.com forum site which promptly displayed my photo here!! Went to bed, awoke this morning to discover the photo didn't take...foiled again! Now that I click on the place where my photo should be it brings up about.com sign-in page...appears if anyone wants to see my blog's profile picture they need to login to about.com! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

Tall Girl Running said...

Bruce,

Your profile picture seems to be working now. At least I can see it!

robison52 said...

Howdy Angie! Yup, the profile picture is visible whenever I'm logged into about.com! This weekend when I have more free time I'll try and download pictures somewhere else where noone has to login.