Sunday, January 21, 2007

13 Miler!

Daily Quote: "Actions are a kind of words." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today was my long run, which was 13 miles, my longest run since the "New Las Vegas Marathon!"

13 miles. Time, 1:58. Pace, 9:04. Out & back on Torrey Pines Road that partly traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Partly cloudy, cold, 40 degrees, Winds SW @ 11 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac drift: 158 bpm.

Had a pleasant and rare experience during the eight mile mark where I felt like I was literally floating effortlessly above the ground, the floating lasted about 10 minutes, unfortunately the feeling left when I stopped at the traffic light on Washington Ave. This long run is faster than my usual long runs only because I'm in training for a half-marathon and not the full marathon distance. I may gradually increase my long run to 16 miles before I race the Salt Lake City Half Marathon.

Pizza is my favorite food and last night I ate FOUR slices of loaded pizza. I really need to control my food intake during the weekends. I'm good with my diet during the weekdays, but I go hog wild on Saturdays! Today I'm keeping a very close eye on my portions. I may need to start a food journal again, which proved helpful when I first started eating healthier five years ago. This year I would like to reach and maintain a 160 pound body weight.

No comments: