Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Large Blister

Quote: "The fixity of a habit is generally in direct proportion to its absurdity." --Marcel Proust

Today is a "General Aerobic Run."
10 miles. Time, 1:34. Pace, 9:24 minute miles. Out & back on Lindell Road Route. Cloudy, 49 degree, Winds S @ 7 mph. Average heart rate: 141 bpm. Cardiac drift: 150 bpm. Felt tired before, during, and after run. I have so little energy, work is going to be torture tonight.

I very rarely get blisters, my last blister was in the 2005 Las Vegas Marathon when a fellow marathoner had spilled Gatorade on my shoes during a water pit stop, but today developed a huge blister on right foot's arch during my run...felt the burning sensation around the 7 mile mark. The shoes have 110 miles on them and are broken-in well, couldn't find any stones nor pebbles in the shoes, the socks are a little worn, but were not bunched up. It's a puzzle! I'll throw away the socks as a precaution, but I don't really understand what would have caused this blister. I have a shoe box full of junk from previous races goodies bags and found a sample of "Spenco 2nd Skin Blister Pads" that I've stuck on the arch. Hopefully the pad will help me continue running this week.

No comments: