Daily Quote: "I think as we've moved on, women are training harder and pushing themselves harder. We're pushing each other further." --Paula Radcliffe on breaking the world record for women's marathon.
Today was my planned speedwork, which I have thankfully set to do on the 24hr Fitness Treadmill as today we're having high winds advisory warnings of 50-55 mph gusts. Yup, when I first awoke we had no electrical power, came on for an hour, than blacked out again. The electricity is back on, but don't know for how long. Luckily, the gym's power was on through the duration of my workout.
Speedwork. 8 miles. Time, 1:10. Life Fitness Treadmill set on a 1% Grade. Warmup: 2.5 miles @ 6.4 mph. Intervals 3 X 1 Mile @ 7.5 mph (7.5 mph = 8.0 minute mile pace, which is my half-marathon pace). Rest Intervals, 1/2 mile @ 6.4 mph. Cooldown: 2.5 miles @ 6.4 mph. Average Heart Rate: 166 bpm, Cardiac Drift 180 bpm (set at the end of the third interval.
My intentions this morning was to run 4 X 1 mile @ 7.5 mph, but my heart rate was too high during the third interval and was going beyond my threshold. My body may still be adapting to the sixth running day, or I'm still under stress from the busy workdays lately. I'll try to run the additional interval next week, IF my body says it's o.k. to do so.
Should be a busy night driving a cab as nobody wants to be carried away with the strong winds. TGIF, I'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend...opps, I remember I STILL have to take the XMAS decorations down...DANG!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment