Wednesday, January 17, 2007

URL Where ARE You?

Daily Quote: "The race takes more than you think you have, but then you find you have it after all. You come back different--better, I think." --Ilana Lobet, of the FIJI Eco-Challenge.

Finally remembered I had some pictures posted at runbud.com, which have a URL...hopefully this photo will remain on my blog without having to sign-in to runbud.com. The old photo will be temporary until I post more pictures at runbud.com. The internet is so addictive, I have to be careful not to spend so much time online rather than exercising or even eating!

I'll be 55 on February 7, and decided to take a little peek at the age group results from LAST year's Annual President's Day Run as to see what my competition might be like:
Age Group 55-59
1 Ed Hoffman. 21:48 7:01
2 Gregorio Bravo. 22:09 7:07
3 Gary Hilts. 22:12 7:08
4 Richard Grossi. 26:41 8:35
5 Bob Thompson. 29:51 9:36
6 Gary Krausman. 31:32 10:08
7 Fred Kraus. 32:45 10:32
If I run my last year's personal record of 22:49 (Pace: 7:21 minute miles), would only have me in 4th Place. Who said moving into a new age group would make getting an award easier???

Today was an Easy Run.
6 miles. Time, 57 minutes. Pace, 9:27. Out & Back on Lanning Route. Cold, Sunny, 27 degrees, Wind SW @ 10 mph. Average heart rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 155 bpm. My morning wakeup pulse was a little high at 47 bpm, therefore this recovery run is timely. Hoping I'm fully recovered before tomorrow's speedwork.

No comments: