Daily Quote: "There was a void in my life. I had to come back." --Tyree Washington, on winning the 400-meter World Indoor Championsip after a two-year absence from running
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
8 Miles. Time, 1:17. Pace, 9:37. Out and back on Brettney Mews Route. Sunny, 50 degrees, no wind! Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac drift: 152 bpm. Today's run was at an easy conversational pace and I really enjoyed the weather, hard to believe Vegas was freezing last week! My left ankle was complaining a little when I awoke, but was fine during the run, nevertheless, will ice and baby the ankle this weekend.
Summary for week of January 21-27, 2007
I had increased my weekly mileage to 56 miles (last week's mileage was 53 miles.) I also maintained running seven days a week.
A new, faster pace, for my Lactate Threshold run, which is now 7.6 mph (7:54 per mile pace).
Sadly, I had a gain of one pound in body weight, I'm now 173 pounds on a six foot frame. Determined not to have late night snacks when I'm on the computer at 2:00 a.m.!
A quick recap of last week's daily mileage:
Sunday: Long Run, 13 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Lactate Threshold Run, 8 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
TOTAL MILEAGE: 56 Miles.
January is almost over, a quick recap on weekly mileage:
January 1-6: 45 miles.
January 7-13: 50 miles.
January 14-20: 53 miles.
January 21-27: 56 miles.
I'll eventually have a cut-back/recovery week, which will be during the taper week for my upcoming 5k race on February 17th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment